Looking to contact other patients who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or other asbestos-related diseases? Click below.
- Lung Cancer Phone Buddy Program
- This program from the Lung Cancer Alliance matches lung cancer survivors who have experienced similar circumstances such as disease type, to phone each other for support and encouragement. If you are interested in obtaining a Phone Buddy or becoming one, please contact Lung Cancer Alliance by calling 800-298-2436 or emailing email@example.com.
- Anderson Network, University of Texas
- The Anderson Network is a support network of more than 1,300 current and former cancer patients.
- Association of Cancer Online Resources Message Boards
- ACOR's online message boards helps patients and their families gain access to others interested in sharing the issues they face with cancer when cancer has been diagnosed.
- Cancer Hope Network
- Cancer Hope Network provides free, confidential, one-on-one support to people with cancer and their families. We match patients with trained volunteers who have themselves undergone a similar experience.
- Cancer Survivors Network Discussion Boards: Lung Cancer | Colorectal Cancer | Other & Rare Cancers
- This message board, through the American Cancer Society, offers patients and survivors of cancer a way to talk and further their understanding of the disease.
- HealthBoards: Lung Cancer | Colorectal Cancer | General Cancer
- Moderated online message board where individuals can discuss lung and cancers.
- The HOPES Program
- Massachusetts General Hospital, in conjunction with Harvard, organize this support program in addition to other services.
- OncoChat is a real-time global support community for people whose lives have been touched by cancer to share their feelings.
- University of California, San Francisco Peer Support Program
- The Peer Support Program at the University of California, San Francisco, offers cancer patients the opportunity to speak to survivors or other veteran patients who have already "been there."